After long time, I am back…As I bit busy with office work, I dont have time to spent.
Recently i faced on issue on ubuntu desktop 12.10. When i boot the system , I got grub normal.mod not found.
To follow the below steps
1) Boot Live CD or USB (Try ubuntu option)
2) It will automatically connect the internet, else please configure network settings as per your infrastructure
3) open terminal > sudo add-apt-repository -y ppa:yannubuntu/boot-repair && sudo apt-get update
4) apt-get install -y boot-repair && boot-repair
Press Enter. That’s it, the Boot-Repair window will appear!
5) Select recommended repair option, it will take 5 – 10 mins , then reboot,
Please perform the following steps:
Boot from CentOS installation disc (for example, CD #1 or DVD).
Type “linux rescue” at the “boot:” prompt.
Mount all filesystems in read-write mode.
Change root to real root (‘/’) on your hard disk:
# chroot /mnt/sysimage
Re-install bootstrap code (GRUB).
If you wish to re-install GRUB to the MBR on a SCSI or SATA disk (/dev/sda):
# grub-install /dev/sda
If you wish to re-install GRUB to the PBR of Partition #2 on a SCSI or SATA disk (/dev/sda2):
# grub-install /dev/sda2
If you wish to re-install GRUB to the MBR on an IDE disk (/dev/hda):
# grub-install /dev/hda
If you wish to re-install GRUB to the MBR on a HP Smart Array disk (/dev/c0d0):
# grub-install /dev/cciss/c0d0
Alternative Recovery from GRUB Issues – Super Grub Disk
Super Grub Disk has a variety of open source boot recovery tools. For CentOS legacy GRUB SuperGRUB works well.